The town of Lebanon was laid out in September 1802 on land owned by Ichabod Corwin, Silas Hurin, Ephraim Hathaway, and Samuel Manning. Lebanon was named after the Biblical Lebanon because of the many juniper or Eastern Redcedar trees there, similar to the Lebanon Cedar. It is known today as "The Cedar City". The Golden Lamb Inn is located in Lebanon on the corner of S. Broadway and Main St. It is recognized as Ohio's oldest inn, having been established in 1803 and has been visited by 12 presidents.
For more information on Lebanon, please visit their website.