Selling your home involves much more than just placing a ‚??For Sale‚?Ě sign in your yard and going to the closing. As a REALTOR¬ģ, we are here to help you prepare for the sale of your home, market your home, and guide you through the sale process to ensure you sell your home within your timeframe and get the best price possible.
As your REALTOR¬ģ, we will determine the correct price range for your home, point out things you should do to make your home more appealing to buyers, and devise the most effective plan of action. Here are some of the steps we will take to sell your home:
- Review the selling process ‚?? without the technical jargon
- Perform a comparative market analysis
- Determine the list and target prices
- Market your property
- Keep communications open
- Present the purchase agreement
Factors That Affect Your Home‚??s Sale
There are three main factors that determine how marketable your home is ‚?? price, financing, and time.
Price ‚?? If your home is priced too high, you must be willing to wait much longer for your home to sell. Either it will take that much longer to find someone to pay more than the home is worth, or the market will eventually catch up to the asking price of the home through inflation.
Financing ‚?? You may not realize it but the financing of your buyer can have a tremendous impact on the success of selling your home. You can consider offering financing options ‚?? carrying the financing yourself at a below market interest rate, or preparing your home for government financing. This could expand the market of buyers for your home.
Time ‚?? If your timeframe is important then you must be willing to lower the price.
How Much Should You Ask for Your Home?
Of course you want to get the full market value for your home. The first step to getting the best price is to determine your home‚??s value. As your REALTOR¬ģ, we can help you set a valid asking price by taking the following factors into consideration:
- Your home‚??s value may depend on recent selling prices of comparable homes in your area. After reviewing the selling prices of such homes, the price is adjusted according to current market trends.
- Buyers most likely look in the price range determined by their monthly payment ability and down payment. Buyers are often very knowledgeable in their price range and purchase by comparison. Unreasonable asking prices are an immediate turn-off.
- Inviting a potential buyer to make an offer shows that you are willing to negotiate. However, if your asking price is too high, the buyer‚??s offer will most likely also be unreasonable.
- It is necessary to offer pricing, terms, and conditions that are competitive in your market. This will help you sell faster and get the full market value for your home.